Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Londres

Guys. I leave Dijon in 9 days!

Where did the last 3 months go!? We're having a Christmas/goodbye dinner on Friday evening and I don't even want to think about it. My group of friends is almost evenly split as far as people staying for one semester and people staying for the year. I think I'd be a lot more sad to be leaving if everyone else was staying. Next semester will be fun because a lot of my friends in Dijon are going to come visit me in Normandy, and then we're planning a weekend when Thomas and Ioanna and I will visit everyone in Dijon. I can already tell you, those reunions will be so sweet.

Today I want to post some pictures from my wonderful trip to London and Oxford! It was a dream. I got to see my friend Sarah who is studying in England this semester, and then we met up with a friend in Oxford. I took the Eurostar for the first time which was a cool experience. It's crazy to think you can take a train under the English Channel!

I'm pretty sure the weather we had in London defied every stereotype.. It was sunny like this everyday! Green Park was wonderful!



So fun getting to see this pretty face!



love..






Buckingham Palace!



We lucked out with the timing of our trip because they had just put up all the Christmas decorations! It was incredible!!









We went to an adorable tea room called SoHo's Secret Tea Room. It's located above a pub so you have to go in and ask a sketchy looking guy if this is the entrance to the tea room, and he takes you behind the bar and up this tiny staircase and all the sudden you're standing in the most adorable, 40's inspired tea room with all these big windows so you can look out onto the street. It was such a fun experience!











Excuse my thumbnail..





And of course we had to do the typical things.. Like eat fish and chips.



Pose in a red phone booth..



And make a quick trip to Hogwarts..




Ok, I actually have to stop and explain this picture. This was one of the most fun things we did in London. If you're a crazy Harry Potter fan like I am then you know that Platform 9 3/4 is located at King's Cross train station which is conveniently located in London. Platform 9 3/4 is the only way to get to Hogwarts (unless you've got access to a flying car) and in order to successfully make it to your gate, it's absolutely necessary to take a running start through this brick wall. Of course, after the book came out King's Cross installed this picture perfect Platform 9 3/4.. The best part is that when you arrive, there's a guy standing there with all the scarves from the different houses around his neck and he asks you which house you're in (I said Griffindor, of course) and then he puts the scarf on you, tells you exactly how to pose, and then stands back, holds one end of the scarf and just as you're getting your picture taken, he throws the scarf to make it look like you're actually running! It is truly magical.

Hope your enjoyed my post about London!

bisous!

2 comments:

  1. Love this whole post! Everything about you screams Europe in the best of ways. It all looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is a huge compliment, thanks Elleni! And thanks for reading;)

    ReplyDelete